Final Weekly Review

It is finished!

Yes, incredible, 2 weeks before hand in!

Although not exactly. Sound design, a music score is on high priority right now. With the left over time, it allows me to revisit some scenes, to edit them to look better. To add in some in betweens or to correct the less obvious mistakes.

However I finally have something that I can submit. Now is time to make it more seamless.

I will reveal the final product after the time of hand in.

This post is to look back and evaluate the plan that I have set out to accomplish and how the revisions of the schedule and the actual realisation compare.

I have the original gantt charts below:

IMG_1161140617 C

Which I then broke down further week by week:

img_1227

And I have the official record of what I have indeed managed to accomplish in this link:

www.snowwybunny.wordpress.com/tag/fmpchecklist/

Outcome

How realising the project worked out differed quite a fair bit from the scheduled plan. The overall was fairly accurate if I group accordingly as voice recording (3 weeks May); environmental assets (3 weeks May 1 week June); key animating (1 month June); inbetweens, colouring (1 week June, 2 weeks July); colouring, shading, compositing, rendering (2 weeks July, 2 weeks August). Leftover time is 2 weeks end of August, which was indeed what I had hoped in my first gantt chart.

During the course of the project, I realised that although there are certain periods of accomplishing certain tasks, there was a necessity of juggling a number of different tasks simultaneously. Therefore for each period, that would have been the priority task taking the largest percentage and at the same time other tasks that took a smaller portion of the pie.

Below are the links for the original plans of the animated short:

FMP Preproduction Pack Final Portfolio

FMP Project Planning Folder Hilda Hiong

Project Planning Folder

I was able to complete most of the targets I set out to accomplish within this folder. Some targets became irrelevant either because I had to change voice actors, change character dialogue and shift scenes around to build a narrative that was clearer to understand. I have managed to deliver the complete animated short. I have changed the target audience to be more specific. To have circles of audience that get narrowed down to young Christian adults. This project has been shared and documented through different forms of social media that include: Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Twitter. I had also signed up for several forums to engage with and ask for feedback. Further detailed documentation of my work have been recorded here on this blog. Certainly, this experience has been a great learning process of time management, solving technical issues, working with others and improved my drawing skills. The more tasks I have gone through gave me challenges to resolve and adjust my working methods.

It has indeed helped me to consider aspects of career that are specific and aspects I am willing to compromise. Specifically, I would like to apply for animation studios that focus on 2D animation, that are educational oriented either with children’s TV, animated documentaries, even music videos etc. Generally, I would not mind going into motion graphics or graphic design related work.

Conclusion

I have managed to keep my time management controlled. However, I have noticed that quality was thus compromised. It would be good now to continue making improvements in the details.

Advertisements

One thought on “Final Weekly Review

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s